Mission & Goals
The Peer Advisor helps to foster academic excellence among students by increasing their knowledge about the resources which may help them succeed.
The goals of the PA program
- Increase student satisfaction
- Familiarize students with University resources and services
- Develop meaningful connections between students
- Empower student leaders to be role models for freshman students
- Help students build self-esteem as well as self-confidence
Become a Peer Advisor
Benefits of being a Peer Advisor
The PA program is a great benefit to our freshmen students, but also provides many learning and growth opportunities for the Peer Advisors. Once you become a Peer Advisor, with the support from the Academic Advisor and the fellow PAs, you will be able to...
- Enhance your leadership and coaching skills
- Become more actively involved at the UAC community
- Contribute to the intellectual and personal growth of students
- Enhance your problem solving skills
- Improve your communication skills
- Establish positive relationships with the Academic Advisor and your major's faculty
Want to become a Peer Advisor?
The new Peer Advisor hiring will be announced in the middle of the semester. You can also reach out to our peer advisors to learn more about the programs or set up a meeting with Heidi Kim or Suhyen Um for the new PA hiring schedule for each semester.