CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ADMISSION TO THE UNIVERSITY OF UTAH!
WE ARE EXCITED TO WELCOME YOU TO THE U FAMILY.
New Student Orientation Registration
As a newly admitted student, you will be required to attend New Student Orientation (NSO) before you can register for classes.
Date: August 22-24
At NSO, you will:
- Discover student involvement opportunities
- Get your UCard (Student ID)
- Learn more about academic programs and campus resources
- Understand what it means to be a part of our commUnity
- Meet with a faculty member from your academic program
- Receive important materials and information to be a successful student
- Have fun and make friends!
*Note: International Students must also attend the International Student Orientation
New Student Orientation Schedule
New Student Orientation is mandatory for all first time students Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Parents and supporters are welcome to join the New Student Orientation program for the Parent Session and Celebration Banquet on Wednesday, August 24.
13:00- Orientation Leader Small Group Activity | Utah First Floor Lobby
14:00- Campus Tours | IGC Campus
15:00- Orientation Large Group Activity | Utah Building
16:30- Technology and Emergency Resources | U104
17:00- Goal Setting and Vision Boards | Utah Classrooms
18:00- Dinner | Utah Building
13:00- Dean of Students, Assistant Dean of Students Welcome | U104
13:30- International Programs | U104
14:00- Career and Internship Development Center |U104
14:30- Student Leadership and Involvement | Multi Complex Building
15:00- Mental Health Services | Multi Complex Building
15:30- New Student Programs | U104
16:30- Student Affairs Open House | Utah Building
17:00- Housing Meeting | U104
18:00- Dinner | Utah Building
13:00- Chief Administrative Officer, Assistant Dean of Faculty Welcome | U104
13:30- Academic Advising Presentation | Utah Computer Labs
15:00- Faculty Panel | U107 and U108
16:00- Adjusting to College Coursework |U104
17:00- Mock Lecture | Utah Classrooms
18:00- Faculty Mingle and Dinner | Utah Building
09:00 | On Your Own
19:00-21:00 New Student Celebration *optional* | Utah Building
13:00-18:00 | Utah Building
Meet Your Orientation Leaders
Seohui Lee(Senior Orientation Leader, Secretary), Ye Eun Choi (Senior Orientation Leader, PR & Marketing), Tae Eun Ko (Senior Orientation Leader, Program Chair), Jungwon Cho, Esther Lee, JaNaya Reeves, Christina Nguyen, Jina Yeo, Hyeon Seo Kwon, Chaeyoung Kim, Ga Hyun Choi, Hannah Paik, Nahee Kang, Rhea Dayal
Registration for classes will be Thursday, August 25. Students will learn how to register for classes during orientation, then register on their own on Thursday.
Testing: Students are required to take placement tests before registering for classes. Visit the Academic Advising Center for more information.
Keep in Mind:
- The cost for First Year NSO is $60 per student. This will be added to your student tuition bill.
- Any necessary accessibility accommodations can be requested within the NSO registration form.
- First-semester students will also be enrolled in Virtual Orientation. Students will need to complete the Virtual Orientation quiz by the semester deadline in order to register for courses for the following semester.
Parent Orientation Schedule
Parents play an essential role in the success of our students. For this reason, parents and supporters are invited to be active participants prior to the Orientation program on Wednesday, August 24.
Wednesday, August 24
- 9:00am to 10:00am- Campus Tour | IGC Campus
- 10:00am to 12:00pm- Parent Orientation | U104
- 12:00pm to 1:00pm- Celebration Banquet | Student Lounge