U Asia Campus

Home U Asia Campus COVID-19

U Asia Campus COVID-19

The University of Utah Asia Campus follows the recommendation and guidelines of the Korean Disease Control and Prevention Agency and the Ministry of Education to ensure the safety and well-being of our campus community.  

In order to keep our campus community safe, we ask you to do the following: 

  • Wearing a mask is not required when you are in the campus facility. 
  • Get vaccinated. 
  • If you feel sick, do not come to campus. Get tested for COVID and rest at home until you feel better.  

If you tested positive for COVID, please do the following: 

  • Quarantine for 7 days.
  • Contact your faculty to make arrangements for your coursework.  
  • Complete and Submit UAC COVID Form.

Students Residing in IGC Housing 

 Students who test positive for COVID are not allowed to quarantine and self-medicate in the IGC housing.  

  • Students who have a residence in Korea – Please return home and return to campus after quarantine for 7 days. 
  • Students who do not have a residence in Korea – Please look for off-campus housing and return to campus after quarantine for 7 days. 

International Students with Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI) Coverage

If you tested positive for COVID, you could request reimbursement for your quarantine stay.  


Here’s a summary of what would be needed for claim purposes:  



Participants must complete a claim form and provide the following documentation:  

  • Proof of Quarantine requirement: 
  1. If required by treating physician/medical authority, a letter must be from the treating physician. 
  2. If required by government officials or authorities, a letter must come from the governmental official or authority. 

IMPORTANT: Printing information from a website will not suffice. Paperwork must be issued by the government or treating physician (depending on the country’s protocol).  

  • Proof of positive test. 
  • Proof of negative test or date of recovery paperwork, showing you can travel again. 
  • Receipts for any eligible expense. 
  • Proof of non-refundable expenses. 

 To submit your claim or to request further information, please contact  claimhelp@culturalinsurance.com. 


It is the student’s responsibility to prepare all required documents and claim for reimbursement. The University will not reimburse or provide meal support for off-campus quarantine.