Eccles-WHOlives Social Impact Challenge
The David Eccles School of Business at the University of Utah Asia Campus, together with Adobe and WHOlives, a non-profit organization, is hosting this event to promote technical literacy among U of U students as well as to raise awareness for the need for clean water for citizens of the world.
$1000 per person
$500 per person
$300 per person
**Prizes will be awarded as a tuition stipend in the form of a one-time Experiential Learning Scholarship at the University of Utah Asia Campus. All terms and conditions of the U Asia Campus scholarship will apply.
- WHOlives is a non-profit organization focused on improving the lives of people in developing nations by providing access to clean water (https://wholives.org/our-mission/mission/).
- WhoLives won 1st prize in Seoul at the International World Water challenge in 2021! Watch the video here
- We are partnering with Adobe and WHOlives in hosting this competition where student teams create websites to promote WHOlives’ programs. The event will bring together students and industry leaders to help students learn valuable industry skills and provide networking opportunities with prospective employers, all while solving one of the world’s biggest problems. The UN estimates that 3.4 million people die every year due to the lack of clean water.
- This is open to any undergraduate student at the University of Utah and from other Universities at the IGC. Participating students will be divided into teams of 2-3.
- Each team will leverage Adobe Express to create the most effective fundraising website using data and assets from WHOlives.
- Teams will compete for one week to see which website is the most effective across key judging categories (provided later).
- Winners will be selected based on judging criteria and prizes will be awarded.
- Gain high-demand skills with Adobe Express, data visualization, marketing, and communication. Don’t know Adobe Express? We will teach you in a workshop as well as provide online training from Adobe. Receive a learning badge from Adobe by completing the online training!
- Network with industry leaders. Professionals from Adobe and others.
- Work with CIDC career coaches to prepare for future internships.
- Participate in a meaningful social cause to bring clean water to remote villages all over the developing world.
- All while having a lot of fun, competing with other teams!
DESIGN PRINCIPLES WORKSHOP
You don’t need to be a designer to create a compelling webpage with Adobe Express. Join us to learn basic design principles to enhance your fundraising page for the Eccles WHOlives Social Impact Challenge. Hear from our University of Utah Adobe Creative Commons Team as they provide tips and tricks for anyone (designers and non-designers) to make their ideas stand out.