Please read below for student leadership and employment opportunities. If you have any questions, please contact the appropriate person for more information.
Job Description: The Resident Advisor (RA) position directly supports the academic and developmental mission of the University. RAs serve to facilitate a cooperative, considerate group living environment and to promote learning in the residence halls. They promote and enforce standards for appropriate behavior in individuals and in communities. RAs are expected to develop a sense of community by initiating and implementing social and educational activities and programs. They serve as information resources about the University of Utah Asia Campus. Resident Advisors are vital members of the Student Affairs team, working with the Student Affairs staff to serve the needs of the student. Most of all, RAs are expected to be people who respect and care about the rights and dignity of all people, who challenge and support growth in themselves and others, and who strive to create a welcoming, positive environment for all residents.
Each Resident Advisor will receive free housing and a $2000 scholarship for the Spring 2018 semester.
Interested people should submit their application by Wednesday November 16 at 9 AM.
Application Link: https://orgsync.com/166051/forms/289110
The UAC Orientation Leader Program seeks interested students who would like to be Orientation Leaders for the Spring 2018 semester. This is a valuable leadership experience for students as they learn communication, programming, and leadership skills. Orientation Leaders will help first semester students adjust to student life by providing guidance to new students through their transition into college life and help make the most of their UAC experience.
If selected, Orientation Leaders are expected to attend the 2018 Spring Orientation, plan and participate in four events during the semester, and be available for weekly meetings during the first month of the semester.
Candidates will be evaluated based on their application and a group interview. Individual interviews will be conducted with students afterwards.
Compensation: Orientation Leaders will receive a $300 scholarship for the semester.
Deadline: Monday, November 20th 8:00am
Application Link: https://orgsync.com/166051/forms/290188
UAC is seeking candidates to serve as Student Leadership Consultants (LCs) for the Student Leadership & Involvement Center (SLIC) for the Spring 2018 semester. LCs will promote involvement opportunities, assist student organizations, serve as facilitators for diverse programs and workshops, and instruct students and organizations on how to use OrgSync. LCs will work on projects assigned individually and as a team.
LCs will be available for 5 hours/week.
• Experience as a student leader on campus
• Detail oriented, flexible, and resourceful
• Demonstrated experience in workshop and program planning
• Knowledge of leadership theories is a plus
Job Dates: February 26 2018 – June 15 2018
• Internship credit can be given and/or a tuition stipend of $750 for Spring 2018
• Position can be conformed to the standards of your internship if necessary
Deadline: Monday, November 20th 9:00am
Application Link: https://orgsync.com/166051/forms/289917
UAC Student Ambassadors, as part of the Office of Admissions, will assist with promoting the University of Utah Asia Campus to prospective students and their parents by:
i) Managing the UAC Admissions Facebook Page
ii) Participating in monthly Information Sessions to meet with prospective students and their parents
iii) Assisting with regular recruitment events, such as school visits, walk-ins, and campus tours
iv) Representing the University of Utah Asia Campus in professional manner
Please submit the application by Wednesday, November 22nd to be a candidate for an interview.
Must attend Mandatory Interview Session on Monday, November 13th to be eligible to apply.
Application Link: https://orgsync.com/166051/forms/290505
The UAC Academic Advising Services seeks interested students who would like to be a PEER ADVISOR for the 2018 year. PEER ADVISORS will mainly help first semester students 1) learn about the importance of attending mandatory advising and 2) provide them with knowledge on academics including Degree Dashboard, general education and major requirements, etc. They will help first semester students as they transition into college life and help them make the most of their UAC academic experience. This is an unpaid position, but it is a valuable leadership experience for PEER ADVISORS as they will learn communication and leadership skills. They will also serve as orientation leaders during the Spring 2018 and Fall 2018 orientation academic sessions.
If selected, PEER ADVISORS are expected to attend the Spring 2018 and Fall 2018 orientations and be available for monthly meetings throughout the semester.
Applications are due on November 22!
Candidates will be evaluated based on their application and interview. Interviews will happen on Nov 28-29. You will be informed individually for your interview time.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Undergraduate Student Advisor at 032-626-6100, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Link: https://orgsync.com/166051/forms/290842
The Operations & IT Support Assistant will assist the UAC operations team in the following duties:
• Support for asset management (IT, Furniture)
• Checking class status (lighting, E-devices, etc)
• Event support
• Help desk( recording operation and IT request from professor and students when we are not available)
Working hours will be Monday to Friday, 1pm to 5pm
Each student will work 10 hours/week (can be flexible)
Application Link: https://orgsync.com/166051/forms/290850
The Computer Lab Assistant will assist the UAC operations team in the following duties:
• Two students as computer lab assistants
• Lab operation hours will be Monday to Thursday, 5pm to 10pm.
• Each student will work 10 hours/week
Application Link: https://orgsync.com/166051/forms/290852
Monitor Film and Media Arts Equipment Room. Assist with equipment check-out. Address issues/questions students have about equipment and editing software such as Final Cut Pro X and Adobe Premiere a plus, but not necessary. Assist Professor Klein’s Film Production course by checking-in/out equipment plus delivery and retrieval from the classroom.
This is an entry level position and on the job training is provided. Skills required: the ability to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions; the ability to keep accurate records; and effective communication.
A general knowledge of laboratory procedures, equipment and terminology; the ability to operate and care for laboratory equipment; and a knowledge of appropriate specimen handling techniques preferred.
Application Link: https://orgsync.com/166051/forms/290177
UAC Student Receptionist, as part of the Office of Admissions, will be responsible for managing the main phone line of the University of Utah Asia Campus.
Application Link: https://orgsync.com/166051/forms/290507
• UAC is looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic student intern to provide marketing and public relations support. Close supervision and monitoring of the learning outcomes will provide additional experience to grow as a professional. The student intern will work the number of hours that accompany the credit hours s/he wishes to seek.
• Intern will receive 1 credit hour for 50 hours of internship hours
• Superior written and verbal communication skills in both Korean and English
• Organization skills and the ability to adapt to new assignments, deadlines and conditions quickly
• Mastery of social media platforms (Facebook, Naver and YouTube)
• Experience writing for different types of media including emails, blog and Facebook posts
• Interest in public relations/marketing discipline through past coursework or other internships
• Ability to work effectively and manage multiple deliverables at once
• Provide marketing and public relations support for the University of Utah Asia Campus (UAC) staff and faculty
• Draft editorial content in Korean and English
• Update editorial calendar and developing media lists through media monitoring
• Develop photography and videography skills
• Create compelling social media content
• Assist with research projects and media audits
• Participate in creative brainstorms
• Stay up-to-date on news and trends
• Coordinate school events and provide on-site event management
• Demonstrate strong intercultural communication, as well as critical thinking and problem-solving skills in complex situations
• Exercise patience, diplomacy and flexibility in interacting with the many parties integral to UAC success.
• Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director of Marketing and Public Relations
Application Link: https://orgsync.com/166051/forms/290844
UAC is looking for student intern to provide Spring 2018 incoming student support. The student intern will work 15 hours a week and receive a tuition stipend of $750 for Spring 2018 semester.
January 8, 2017 ~ March 8, 2018
• Speaks Korean and English fluently
• Handling fast paced environment with changing priorities and tasks
• Detail oriented, flexible and resourceful
• Be available to work January and February
• Attend International Student Orientation and New Student Orientation
• Provide student services support for the University of Utah Asia Campus under the supervision of the Enrollment Coordinator
• Help maintain Student Affairs Suite welcoming environment for parents and students
• Know how to locate and access campus resources
• Answer calls and be able to provide accurate information
• Assist students apply for student housing
• Assist with preparation and execution of International Student Orientation and New Student Orientation
• Assist with international students’ transition process if necessary
• Collect and organize data, keep private the confidential information of students
Please answer following questions by Sunday, December 3. Shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews.
Application Link: https://orgsync.com/166051/forms/290845