The Office Assistance for the University of Utah Asia Campus (UAC) will be tasked with serving as the primary receptionist for the campus and providing general office support for the UAS Student Affairs and Admissions staff.
- High School diploma or equivalency
- One year full-time customer service experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with a diverse clientele, to establish and maintain effective working relationships, and to handle the demands of multiple deadlines and changing priorities.
- Sensitivity to and ability to operate in a multi-cultural setting, with experience working with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Fluency in English and Korean
- Related experience in higher education setting
- Receives, greet and directs visitors to appropriate person or office
- Answers telephones, provides assistance and directs callers to correct person or office and takes messages when that person is not available
- Processes and distributes mail
- Provided general office support to the Student Affairs and Recruitment staff as needed. This may take the form of: scheduling appointments, answering questions about UAC, assisting with clerical duties such as word processing, data entry or document creation or involvement with student activities
- Other duties as assigned
Employees in this position are expected to be familiar with the department’s policies and procedures and are required to have a working knowledge of the University and department organizations and procedures in order to answer and assist staff and visitors. The incumbent may be required to prioritize tasks from multiple staff members and determine the order of importance. The employee must use discretion and judgement when scheduling appointments and in screening calls.
Authority & Reporting Relationship
The UAV Office Assistant will report directly to the Dean of Students at the UAC. It is expected that this position will work closely with all UAC personnel.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly continuously: Office environment
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, and taking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing, walking.
Seldom: Bending, reach overhead.
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.