University of Utah Job Description
|Job Title: Domestic (Korea) Recruitment Specialist|
|Job Code:||Grade/FLSA: E/Exempt|
|Reports to: UAC Assistant Director of Recruitment|
|Salary Range: 37,000,000 to 45,000,000 KRW|
Responsible for domestic (Korea) recruitment of undergraduate students into the University of Utah Asia Campus. Provide direct support to the marketing and public relations in the areas of recruitment and admissions. This position is a one-year contract, with the possibility of permanent employment upon satisfactory completion of the initial contract term.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalency. A preference for two or more years of experience in a recruitment and admissions role. Candidates must be fluent in English and Korean with strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrated, communication skills both written and oral as well as strong organization, planning, and analytical skills are essential to this position. Computer competencies include Microsoft Office, and a preference for experience with CRM software.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
- Responsible for recruitment of undergraduate students to study at UAC, with a focus on Korean domestic markets.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining cooperative relationships with high schools, counselors, parents, potential students, and other parties involved in the recruitment process in Korea.
- Organize and execute domestic recruitment trips and presentations during high school visits, college fairs, road tours and other admission related functions. May also require international recruitment trips to target overseas Korean students.
- Respond to phone and e-mail inquiries from prospective students (both in Korean and English) and provide admission counselling
- Responsible for the supervision and oversight of the University of Utah reception desk including the direct supervision of student staff
- Responsible for planning and organization of campus visitation programs, open houses, and other recruitment related activities that may require evening and weekend work.
- Work closely with the UAC PR and Marketing Coordinator to collaborate in effectively increasing outreach and recruitment efforts.
- Must work closely with the Salt Lake City campus’ Office of Admissions, University Marketing, and other offices essential to the success of UAC recruitment.
- Manage and maintain inventory of print materials and promotional items.
- Work in a collaborative nature with all UAC Student Affairs staff to ensure the success of all students.
- Assist in maintaining Korean content on the UAC website and publications while carefully coordinating with University of Utah staff.
- Field and coordinate interview requests from media outlets.
- Demonstrate strong intercultural communication, as well as critical thinking and problem-solving skills in complex situations.
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director of Recruitment or Dean of Students
Please submit your CV, cover letter, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.